The Florida Reading Association is offering a "Celebrate Literacy" Award for each school year. Each reading council is encouraged to submit a project which has made significant contributions toward literacy throughout its community. Monetary awards will be granted to the winning projects at the annual FRA Conference.
Examples of projects may include an outstanding reading or literacy event or a project utilizing a person, organization, association, or agency that the council has initiated or been involved with. The council has the responsibility for establishing its criteria/standards for the project and submitting an application to the Florida Reading Association by March 1.
Some suggestions to consider (but not limited to) are:
1. Contribute tutoring time or books to meet the special needs of students who are at-risk, homeless, abused, hospitalized, etc.
2. Conduct an adult literacy project.
3. Carry out a community project such as story telling or read-aloud activities in a store, mall, or public library.
4. Conduct a Young Authors' Conference.
5. Conduct a mini/theme/drive-in conference.
6. Sponsor or assist with participation of a school or group in a RIF project.
7. Conduct a summer literacy project.
Submit your project by describing it using the above criteria link and send to:
FRA Literacy Award
c/o - Address being revised, please check back soon.