The Florida Reading Association represents over 6,900 members who are actively interested in reading and writing instruction. It is composed of local chapters and special interest groups including
- the Council for Early Literacy,
- the Council for Adult and Family Literacy,
- Reading Supervisors of Florida,
- Florida Organization of Teacher Educators in Reading, and the
- Secondary Reading Council.
The Florida Reading Association is an affiliate of the International Literacy Association, a 90,000 member nonprofit educational organization devoted to the promotion of lifetime reading habits and the improvement of language and literacy instruction.